Apart from being used for jewelry, there are many Sapphire benefits that have been known for eons of years. Considered as the stone of wisdom and royalty, it comes in all celestial hues and is associated with sacred things. This jewel, which has been part of history and religion, was first synthesized in 1902. It can have a synthetic counterpart which can be created in the process called Verneuil. Although it is tough and durable, it is still subject to chipping and fracture.
The color of Sapphire ranges from pale to deep azure or even dark royal blue to indigo. Its name is derived from the Latin "sapphirus," Greek sappheiros, and Sanskrit "sanipryam," which means “blue stone.” In ancient times, Sapphire is called Lapis Lazuli which has some Bible references. This gem comes in many different colors which include black, orange, green, violet, pink, white, yellow, and of course, blue. But without its color prefix, the stone refers to the blue variety of the mineral Corundum.
This stone may include tiny slender Rutile needles which decrease its transparency. When polished, it tends to exhibit asterism turning into a highly expensive Star Sapphire. Sapphire is considered pleochroic since it displays color differently when viewed at different angles. Color zoning also occurs in Sapphires which forms from growth layers that are created during the formation of the stone.
Sapphire Crystal Meaning
The sapphire crystal meaning points to it as a Stone of Wisdom and a royal stone of learning. When it comes with a blue color, it heals the mind, brings order, lends strength and focus, and reveal underlying truths. This stone tends to stimulate the Throat and Third Eye Chakras, giving one a deeper understanding of one's self. The Blue Sapphire is associated with the planet Saturn signifying self-discipline, order, structure, and accomplishment of goals.
This gem also has a rich history and is said to be worn by King Solomon and Abraham. The tablets where the First Commandments were written is believed to be made of Sapphire. The Greeks also wore the stone so they can acquire wisdom at Delphi.
On the other hand, Buddhists believed that one of the Sapphire benefits is its spiritual enhancement and devotion. Hindus call it a great gem and were used in offerings in temples for worship with a link towards astrological influences. The stone was also used in ecclesiastical rings by kings and nobility, giving them the power of insight and protection.
But the sapphire stone meaning is not limited to that. It is also believed to preserve chastity and protect the wearer from fever, poison, plague and skin diseases. It can also help discover fraud and treachery as well as to resist black magic and ill-wishing. As a talisman, it was thought to heal eye ailments and increase concentration.
Sapphire Metaphysical Properties and Uses
This beautiful gemstone which can be found in Madagascar, China, USA, Tanzania, Brazil, Kenya, Australia, Nigeria, Myanmar, India, Sri Lanka, and Thailand, has changed the life of its users. In fact, sapphire benefits many people in various aspects. It can be used for:
- Jewelry. Since ancient times, sapphire has been used as a centerpiece for necklaces, rings, bracelets, and many others. It is a favorite gemstone for jewels because it is available in various colors. The Blue Sapphire, in its transparent version, can also be used to carve small figures.
- For protection. Oftentimes, it is used to protect the carrier of the stone from mental, emotional, physical, emotional, or spiritual attacks. The Black Sapphire will also help you preserve your honor, truth, and purity since it will stop you from telling lies and will hinder any pretentions.
- Public speaking. Aside from boosting your leadership abilities and mental clarity, it can improve one's memory. This is also beneficial if you do public speaking or talk to a lot of people during work. It would be easier for the listeners to understand you since your words will resonate in them. You will also gain more confidence in sharing your knowledge, opinions, and views.
- A sense of interconnectedness. One of the sapphire powers that is impressive is its ability to enhance your connection with your guardian angels and spirit guides. You will also discover spiritual treasures that you can keep for life.
- Lovers. Blue Sapphire is considered a stone of commitment, love, and fidelity. It is a good gift for couples who are moving together or are getting married. However, once they decide to separate, they need to remove all sapphire gifts from the other person since this will result in prolonged connection and bitter feelings.
- Professional support. Another sapphire metaphysical properties are its influence on archeologists and historians as it increases their awareness of higher principles. For executives, writers, and ministers, it is beneficial in stimulating the mind while journalists and lawyers can gain good judgment and increase discernment. Meanwhile, Star Sapphire is perfect for business women since it helps them develop honest leadership.
- Feng Shui. There is also a connection between sapphire and Feng Shui. The Blue Sapphire utilizes water energy, which is the energy of the circle of life, stillness, purification, and quiet strength. It is also yielding, formless and powerful. You can use blue crystals in your home to enhance any space that you use for prayer and reflection. Water energy is positive once placed in the North area of a home.
Sapphire Healing Properties
The healing properties of sapphire cover physical, emotional and spiritual ailments. This wisdom stone, which is also a birthstone of September, releases unwanted thoughts, spiritual confusion, and mental tension.
Physically, it might help the body restore balance and to align the mental, physical and spiritual planes. When this happens, it brings serenity and peace of mind. It might also help people with the following conditions:
- Blood disorders
- Eye disorders and infections
Like other gemstones, the healing properties of sapphire also includes your emotional aspect. It stimulates concentration while bringing joy and peace of mind to the carrier. It may also help people who are dealing with:
- Blood disorders
- Eye disorders and infections
Every color of this gemstone has additional attributes like how the Blue Sapphire is associated with love and Yellow Sapphire's attraction of wealth and prosperity. It also may also help with spiritual healing in the following aspects:
- Angel communication and connection
- Astral projection and traveling
There are indeed countless sapphire benefits that might urge you to wear the gemstone or add it to your home and workplace. Apart from bringing peace of mind and joy, this stone of prosperity and wisdom will also attract unique energy vibration and mental clarity. Overall, it will bring you good health and enhanced perception. It will also strengthen your commitment to your special someone leading to happiness.