It is named this way since it has a tangible connection to the moon and it posses moon-like sheen which could be credited to its silvery-white reflection called chatoyancy. This Feldspar mineral exhibits a soft and watery opaqueness in delicate shades of blue, peach, gray, white and a prismatic variety called the Rainbow Moonstone.
Moonstone Crystal Meaning
The moonstone is known as an amulet of protection for travelers, a gift of lovers for passion, a channel for prophecy, and a path to wisdom. It is believed that this stone influences our behaviors, emotions and spiritual growth. It also calms, encourages, and teaches us the natural rhythms of life.
Romans and Orientals use moonstone in jewelry for nearly two thousand years. Meanwhile, it is considered a sacred stone in India and is known as a traditional wedding gift. In Europe, many believe that the moonstone crystal can reconcile estranged lovers and cure sleeplessness. Known as a Traveler's Stone, it protects travelers, gives hope, and enhance one's personality.
Moonstone is also believed to be the stone of mystery, change, destiny, and wishes. Apart from its strong energy of the moon, it is also linked to the divine feminine which makes it a powerful stone for women. One popular moonstone stone meaning is its ability to increase fertility and its possible aid to hormone production, the menstrual cycle, and the reproductive system.
Moonstone Metaphysical Properties and Uses
Moonstone benefits a wide range of people from travelers to women. It has metaphysical properties that bring a positive vibe to an individual. This crystal can be beneficial to:
- Travelers. People who frequently travels may bring a moonstone with them since it is believed to protect travelers especially during the night and when they travel upon the water. This even gives more protection when the moon is shining. Those who travel by land can also keep this in their car's compartment for safe driving at night and to avoid road rage.
- Lovers. Couples could possibly reunite with the use of this stone. It is also perfect for those who found first or new love since it nurtures the qualities of the heart to accept love. It also stimultate the kundalini energy and carnal desires making it an excellent crystal for love and erotism. When worn at full moon while lovemaking, it harmonizes the body into the natural lunar cycle. For fidelity or fertility, use thirteen moonstone crystals to make a grid with a circle of the twelve months around a bedroom. You can also place one centered under the bed.
- Workers. Another moonstone powers are its ability to give professional support to dancers and artists in their self-expression. It inspires the heart and it helps educators in sharing activities. Meanwhile, it can help waiters and waitresses feel self-acceptance and promotes sensitivity in psychologists and secretaries.
- People with weight problems. Particularly, the Peach Moonstone is consoling to those who are dealing with weight problems. Wearing one will encourage them to love and value themselves. It can also assist in separating food from emotional needs.
One of the moonstone benefits is its utilization of natural energy cycles as it helps in attuning to the normal rhythms of the biological forces of the human body. It might help deal with physical conditions involving the following:
- Female reproductive system
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Hormonal system
- Fluid retention
- Aging signs
- Children and teenagers growth
- Degenerative conditions of the skin, hair, eyes, and the fleshy organs
- Eliminate toxins
- Digestive system disorders
Aside from its physical healing energy, moonstone healing properties also include the emotional aspect of humans. It has been known for its calming and soothing qualities allowing the person to control his or her emotions. It can be placed at the center of the chin, which is the Moon Center, in order to create balance. It might also do the following:
- Identify emotional patterns
- Guards to contain explosive passions
- Stimulate confidence and composure.
- Brings happiness to the environment
- Enhances the intuitive side of the mind
- Reveals their feminine power and abilities of clairvoyance
- Gives rise to the kundalini energy
- Encourages nonlinear thinking and emotional balance
- Calming to children
- Drives away nightmares and encourages sleep
Moonstone & Feng shui
In Feng Shui, moonstone powers can be reflected from metal energy which is the energy of intelligence, creativity, contraction, and healing. It is also the energy of togetherness which allows groups to come up with great ideas and concepts.
Although the metal element is hard, sharp and destructive, it brings the power of concentration and determination to dwellings and the people who live in it. Metal energy is traditionally linked with the northwest and west areas of a home. It is also associated with the creativity and children area, helpful people and blessings, and travel area of your life and home.
Moonstone’s high energy rays of gold, purple, blue, and its shimmering white energy makes it a beautiful protective stone. The moonstone powers have a great impact not just on an individual’s physical condition but also to one’s emotional aspect. There are indeed many moonstone benefits that will urge you to add this crystal into your home. If you are a traveler, this might help you feel more secure and protected during your trips. Hence, if you want to bring this stone with you, there is no better way than to wear a jewelry that features a moonstone.